Thursday, July 14, 2011

New Bed

Sunday, July 10, 2011:

    Sunday was a day of firsts for Lana.  She saw me painting my toenails pink and asked me to paint her toenails.  Yay!  I never thought she would ever let me paint her toenails since she rarely lets me trim them.  They turned out soo cute.  When I look at her feet now she looks so grown up and I think, who is this child?

Matching pink toenails.

The cutest chubby little feet.
   After Lana's nap Daddy got to work on converting her crib to a toddler bed.  We need to get some practice in her small toddler bed before she has to move to her big girl twin bed when her little sister takes over her crib.  Lana enjoyed helping her Dad, but at first she was upset that he was taking apart her crib. But as soon as she saw what he was putting on in place of the crib rail she got all excited.  She is a pro at getting in and out of her bed all by herself and wants to close the door so she can take a nap.  That afternoon she practiced sleeping in her bed.  I love when she lays down, closes her eyes and say "ahh shoo, ahhh shoo"  lol!

Daddy hard at work.

Lana helping.

Trying out her new bed for the first time.


Getting out.

I did it!

Bowls make great hats, don't you know?

Monday, July 11, 2011:

    Here are some cute pictures I got of Lana today.  She really enjoys eating nectarines.  They are soft enough for her to bite, but she does get juice everywhere.  After breakfast she got some time in on her laptop.  I love that she's holding her Hannah doll like a baby, how sweet.



 Big bite.

Mmmm, nectarine!

Going back for more.

Hard at work.

   Later that evening Lana was busy playing with her magnetic letters.  I usually have some arranged randomly on the fridge and most in the bag.  Lana put the letters together and said "Happy Birthday Lana!"



   Then Lana added more letters to the fridge from the bag.  When I stepped back I realized what she was doing.  She was sorting her letters by color.  For some letters she would say it's name and then put it up.  What is great is I never asked her to sort her letters by colors or showed her.  She was figuring it out all by herself.  I just love seeing her learn and grow everyday.




   Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment