Monday, February 28, 2011

Gigi comes to visit!

Saturday, February 26, 2011:

   We had our first visitor come see us in Colorado!  Lana's Gigi had a conference in Denver and we all met up after she was done.  First we gave Gigi a little driving tour.  We took her through Highlands Ranch and by our new home.  The homeowners were packing, but I didn't have the courage to say hello.  Then we took the scenic route and saw quite the view of Alex's work.  All the buildings are nestled in the mountainside.  Then we stopped at the hotel to freshen up before we went on a family hike. 


   I decided to take everyone to South Valley Park.  Lana and I loved hiking there together and the red rocks are just beautiful.  Having Gigi and Daddy along we got Lana to walk a long way, and she really did mostly walk.  She is going to be one great hiker some day. 









    We sure had a great hike together and we worked up quite the appetite.  Today was the start of Denver Restaurant Week.  Hundreds of restaurants put together a three course meal with some options and everyone pays a base price, which is a great deal.  We went to Ted's Montana Grill.  On the way in we saw that Gigi opened up her own cupcake shop in Littleton.  Way to go Gigi!


   Dinner was great at Ted's Mountain Grill, but we all ate way too much.  We all got a special three course meal, but added on buffalo nachos.  They were great, but we really didn't need them.  Alex and I both had buffalo chili to start and then we each got a different entree and shared.  Gigi got the crab cakes, Alex got the bison, and I got the beef tenderloin.  Everything was delicious, but my favorite was my blue cheese crusted beef tenderloin, yum.  We all had the apple crisp a la mode, yummy! 

   Alex and I planned to go out after dinner and hit a movie, but unfortunately the sun zapped me while we were hiking and I had a headache all evening.  We all just enjoyed relaxing back at the hotel visiting before we all turned in for the evening.  Alex and I will have to catch a movie while we are in League City, plenty of babysitters there!  :) 

   Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment