Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Temporary Living Day 17

Tuesday, February 22, 2011:

   Today was a very busy morning for Lana and me.  We had to take the Xterra in to Nissan because the gas gauge didn't work on Thursday and my Service Engine Soon light came on.  Of course the gas gauge started working on Friday and the engine light went off yesterday, but the problem still needed to be fixed.  It was covered under my warranty but the job was going to take 3 hours and a rental would cost me $30.  So Lana and I just put on another layer, got the stroller, and walked from the dealership to the surrounding stores.

   First we came to TJ Max, when we got in the store I let Lana walk around.  We spent a half hour in the kids section looking at toys and reading books.  We found some great puzzles, 2 peg puzzles, the Alphabet and Numbers.  We also found some 2 piece floor puzzles matching Mommy and Baby Animals and Colors and Shapes floor puzzles.  It was great to see her so interested in her new puzzles back at the hotel and not so interested in the TV.

   After TJ Max we headed across the street to Babies R Us.  It was a pretty easy walk, there are large sidewalks everywhere here, lots of people ride, walk, or use city transportation.  We spent about an hour playing in Babies R Us / Toys R Us.  It was hard to get Lana to leave one section to go look at another.  Lana loved playing with the train set, but we haven't mastered keeping Thomas on the tracks.




I loved listening to Lana say ,"choo choo," while she played with Thomas.


   Next we walked to Chik-fil-A for lunch.  Lana guzzled her milk, but didn't want to eat any of her chicken, just some fries.  Not the best lunch for a growing girl.  After eating I let her play, they have an indoor play area.  The only problem was she would climb up the stairs and play in the tubes, but she wouldn't go down the slide.  She came down the stairs once on her own and played with some toys on the ground, but when it was time to go she wouldn't climb down but two stairs, so I had to get her.  Here she is on the stairs.

   Oh, I forgot to mention that while we were at Babies R Us / Toys R Us I got a phone call from the dealership.  They found a massive leak in my oil filter and oil was going all over the floor!  After draining the tank they realized I had lost 2 quarts of oil.  Good thing I brought my truck in today or my engine could have had some major issues.  After lunch and playing the Xterra was just about ready.  On our walk back to the dealership Lana fell asleep in the stroller and took a nice 30 minute nap as we waited for our vehicle to get some final checks and a wash.

   After such a busy morning of walking Lana and I enjoyed being in our hotel playing with her new puzzles.  When Daddy got home he thought the puzzle pieces were great for tickling Lana with.  She has such a cute laugh.


  Lana's new thing is saying "tickle tickle" when she is being tickled, lol!  I didn't get a video of her saying it a lot, but she says it once in this video.  I also love hearing her talk about the animals on her puzzle pieces but she hasn't figured out how they go together yet, but she likes to find the babies and the Mommies.


    Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment