Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Temporary Living Day 18

Wednesday, February 23, 2011:

   What a beautiful day it was in Littleton, Colorado today.  Lana and I took full advantage.  She was really ready to go to breakfast before me this morning.  She got my key card and was headed out the door.  Thank goodness that door is too heavy for her to open, or Lana would be all over the hotel. 

Yes, I got the room key.
I'm off to breakfast.



 









   We finally made it back to the Highlands Ranch Library this morning.  Lana enjoyed playing La Casa de Dora on the computer before story time began.  It was so cute, when I told her it was story time she took off running for the story time area and went to get a mat to sit on. 




 





 
   Lana is such a wiggle worm during the stories.  She did a great job with all the movement songs and the book Ten in the Bed.  We all sang this book together and that kept Lana's attention.  Luckily Lana isn't the only wiggle worm in the bunch of kids. I think we were down to half of the original group of kids after the 2nd story.  Trying to read four books might be a little much for this age group.  We will see how things go tomorrow.

   Trying to leave the library was a huge ordeal.  She didn't want to leave, but we had to go to the store because she is out of diapers.  The poor girl was screaming and crying when I put her jacket on, and then I saw it.  The tip of her bottom left molar poking through, no wonder she has been so fussy the past few days, her gums hurt.  Lana cried and carried on until we got outside the library.  Once in the car, it wasn't long before she fell asleep.  Poor girl was up making noises at 4:12 this morning, but I let her go back to sleep.  She never gets up that early, her gums must have been bothering her them too.

    After a nap, a trip to the store, lunch, and some Skyping with Grandma we were ready to get out and enjoy this beautiful weather.  Sunny, warm, and barely a cloud in the sky.  Lana and I headed off to South Valley Park.  It has a great hiking trail with beautiful red rocks all around.  It was fun walking the trail with Lana, she walked up, and then down, up, and down.  She has fun wherever she is.  We saw 3 planes, a helicopter, hawks, birds, a dog, rocks, plants, and Lana even had some fun drawing in the sand with a stick.  You'll just have to take a look for yourself.

Beautiful backdrop for the South Valley Park sign.

Lana headed straight to the map, that's my girl.

"Cheese!" Beautiful red rocks right at the parking lot and trail head.

Gorgeous!  Lana was leading the way.

Views from every angle and we live here!

Beautiful home near a really neat rock formation.

Lana was fascinated with this plant.

There are some hawks circling.

Here's the rock climbing Lana did at the park.

   I think we could have stayed here all day.  We are so lucky that is just down the road from our hotel, an easy 5 minute drive tops. I see lots of hikes in Lana's future.  I am so glad Lana enjoyed just walking the trail and checking out all her neat surroundings.  I look forward to coming back to walk, use our hiking backpack, or maybe even biking.  Our possibilities are endless.  Check out these adorable videos I got on our hike.

   This first video is of Lana going down the trail the first time.   She was going downhill and thought it was so fun she was saying "weee," as she walked.  At the end she started going really fast, I had to catch up to her and hold her hand so she wouldn't fall.



    The next video is of Lana and her rock climbing adventure, lol!  She climbed on and off this rock many times and even fell off once.  Don't worry, she's a tough girl, just dusted her off and she tried again.



   This last video is of Lana drawing in the dirt with a stick.  Listen to how she tells me she is writing I's.  I am so impressed that Lana is already recognizing some of her letters at 20 months.  She continued drawing I's halfway down the rest of the trail.


   Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment