Monday, February 21, 2011

Temporary Living Day 15

Sunday, February 20, 2011:

  I must be getting a little worn out from all the exploring we have been doing as a family.  Saturday after spending the morning walking around Park Meadows Mall I took two naps on the couch in the afternoon.  When I heard Lana wake up Sunday morning, I just didn't feel like getting up.  I got her changed and into her clothes.  I laid on her bed and we watched TV for a little while, then I let her watch TV in the living room and I went back to bed to lay down.  Awhile later Alex and I heard this noise and we couldn't see Lana.  I went out into the living room and saw Lana sitting on the dining room table, on the laptop, playing with a cup and a straw!  Lana Elizabeth Nisbet!  She is one heck of a climber, I'm going to have to keep my eyes on this one!

  Today was a day to get things done around our hotel.  We all ran to the grocery store in the morning and stocked up on meals for the week.  Back at our hotel I got busy doing laundry.  I have to say it is nice to get all my laundry done in an hour and a half.  Usually it takes me all day, or I break it up over a few days. 

  That afternoon Lana and I went to check out a nearby park.  The Hildebrand Ranch Park is right behind our hotel on Deer Creek Road.  It was a bright sunny day, so Lana decided to try out her new sunglasses.  Isn't she adorable!?!



   I couldn't believe how windy it was out today.  We walked to a bridge and when we got to the other side the wind started howling through the fields we were hiking.  We decided to head home, we might have stayed if we were wearing our winter coats.  My face was sure feeling tingly cold from that wind and I'm sure Lana was cold too.  When we got back to the hotel we saw the wind chill was 33, no wonder we felt chilled out there!  The sun was sure deceiving.  We really wanted to be outdoors playing and exploring.

  That evening Lana was practicing her climbing skills and got in Mommy's chair to drink her water.  I love this picture, she looks like such a big girl.


    Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment