Saturday, February 19, 2011

Temporary Living Day 12

Thursday, February 17, 2011:

   Today was full of highs and lows.  Lana and I started our day off great together with a large breakfast before we headed over to Elizabeth's house for our first official play date in Colorado.  :)  We are so blessed to have met some wonderful new friends that opened their home to us.  Lana loved playing with the two older boys and it was great to have a friend to talk to and share Mommy moments.  It was great having a play date with puzzles, learning cards, and healthy snacks.  We will have to do it again and encourage other Mom's to get out fun learning tools for their children to play with together at play dates.  Here is Lana playing with Levi on his bunk bed, she thought this was the coolest play area  and was getting on and off, sliding down, or laying down and saying "nigh, nigh."



   Lunch was a little challenging today.  Lana is become very independent about everything and her new favorite word is "No," which she uses all the time.  We had macaroni with cheese, peas, and tuna.  Lana started with a spoon, but that didn't work out too well.  We tried a fork and that went a little better, but she is still having a difficult time getting her food to stay on the fork.  Needless to say if I tried to help it was all "Noo, noo," and macaroni was going everywhere.  Usually at home I can get a bite ready on the fork and then she will do the rest, but she didn't want me to touch her utensils at all.
   
   After a fun morning of playing Lana took a great nap, thank goodness.  After her nap we decided to run a few errands.  I needed to get gas and return a movie.  I always run my tank down to empty and the light is on and it had come on just as I got to Elizabeth's house 10 minutes away from our hotel.  So I go to get gas, no problem getting there.  I fill up, top off, but when I turned my car back on the fuel gauge remained the same.  Grreeaattt... Well the place to return the movie is next door, so I move my car in the parking lot return the movie, get a new one and when I come back the gauge is still the same.  I call Alex and as I'm speaking to him, it drops to the lowest point and the check engine light comes on.  :(  I plan on taking it to the dealership and I am half way there and I find out the job will take 3 hours and they close in an hour.  Alright, head back to the hotel, appointment set for the next day, but no rental car is available, so what will we do for 3 hours?
  
   After this ordeal we spent the rest of the evening at home and Alex and I enjoyed watching Robin Hood, good movie.  We are really getting spoiled with having a TV in every room in this place.

    Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment