Sunday, February 20, 2011

Temporary Living Day 14

Saturday, February 19, 2011:

   What a great day.  I wish I got some pictures today, but I will just have to tell you about all the fun we had.  So it's Saturday, I'd like to say we slept in, but I made a 9:30 appointment to have my tires rotated.  This was overdue and silly since Discount Tire will rotate them for free.  So we head over to Highlands Ranch to get my tires rotated.  Of course I couldn't remember where my special lug nut was to get off my tires.  I checked where it should have been, and the glove box, but it was nowhere to be found.  I thought it must be in my purse back at the hotel.  So, halfway there we turn around, I check my purse and it's not there!  Alex found it in the center counsel, how frustrating.  I called Discount Tire to tell them we were on the way and we were only 5 minutes late thankfully.  The job was done quickly and Lana enjoyed reading magazines while we waited.
 
   After that was done I suggested running over to storytime at the Highlands Ranch Library but Alex suggested we go to Park Meadows Mall just northwest of Highlands Ranch.  I wish I would have gotten some pictures, this mall was amazing!  It is built to look like a log cabin, high wood beams, with stone flooring, granite, and high end finishes everywhere.  It's like the Galleria in my town, oh and there is a ton of shopping all around the mall as well. 

http://www.parkmeadows.com/
 
   At the mall we found a lot of great things that we needed.  There is a huge Williams Sonoma and I found a new chopping knife and cutting boards.  Our hotel's ideal of a chopping knife is actually just a large serrated steak knife.  I even found a fun wedding gift for my cousin Tim, but I can't tell you what that is, sorry.  We found The Children's Place and finally used a gift card to get Lana two pairs of sunglasses, just her size, and a new pair of jeans.  The sun in Colorado is soo bright and we are so much closer to the sun being at 5,200 ft.  I found a great pair of polarized Kate Spade sunglasses.  I have never spent so much on a pair of sunglasses, but the polarized lenses and great UV protection make such a difference.  Before grabbing lunch we found a huge Borders, Lana and I didn't even make it to the Children's section.  We found the discount children's books and Lana sat down and started reading.  We got her a farm book with four different puzzles.

   After all of fun shopping we grabbed lunch and a smoothie.  I can't believe we are going to live here and be close to all this amazing shopping.  I am going to have to stay away, we can't be spending money like this all the time.  There will be plenty of outdoor activities to keep us busy.

    Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment