Monday, February 21, 2011

Temporary Living Day 16

Monday, February 21, 2011:

   It was back to work for Alex today, no President's Day off for him.  Lana and I had a large breakfast.  She ate so well this morning eating a whole banana, eggs, and some tortilla.  It was great having a breakfast burrito, we were getting a little tired of waffles the past three mornings.  Lana and I enjoyed a morning in reading and relaxing.  I just love how Lana surrounds herself with all her books while reading, one second she was getting a book, and the next thing I see is this...

Lana saying "Cheese" but not looking at the camera.
   This afternoon we had our first play date with Kieran.  My Mom and Erin's Mom work together at Helen Hall Library in League City, TX.  My Mom mentioned that we were moving to Denver, and Erin's Mom said her daughter lives in Littleton.  What a small world!  We started e-mailing back in December and now we were able to meet.  :)  Lana loved playing at Kieran's house, she has fun wherever she is.  Here is Lana playing with a bumbo, I am surprised she can still fit.  It was nice to see Lana playing beside 6 month old Kieran.

Lana tries to share her snack with Kieran


Lana playing music for Kieran
  
   It was adorable when Lana met Maya the dog.  She squealed and giggled and tried to put her hands out for Maya to smell but Lana was too high energy for her, and she went to hide.  I was really impressed that Lana didn't mind me holding Kieran, she was too busy playing.  I tried getting her attention multiple times but should would just look at me and run on her way to something new to play with. Hopefully this will mean she will be a great big sister some day and not be too jealous of all the time a newborn will demand of Mommy.

   I am really enjoying all my Mommy adult conversations at our play dates.  I look forward to all the future play dates Lana and I will have in Colorado.  We have another one planned at Elizabeth's house with Levi and Caleb this Thursday, yay!

     Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment