Thursday, February 10, 2011

Temporary Living Day 5

Day 5
Thursday, February 10, 2011:

   Today Lana and I decided to venture outdoors.  At 9 we got all bundled up and got in our cold car and headed for the Highlands Ranch Library.  Every weekday they have story time for Lana's age group at 9:30.  It was an easy drive over there and the library was so easy to find because there were library signs to follow.  I quickly realized there was a small parking lot with no parking.  I drove around the lot quite a few times with a lot of other cars.  There were spots, but they were so small because people weren't parking in the lines because they couldn't see the lines that were covered up by snow.  I decided we will try coming back to the library tomorrow morning, and get here at 9 so we can get a parking space.

   Since the library was a bust we headed to the Southwest Plaza Mall in Littleton.  On the way Lana fell asleep in the car, she was getting bored sitting in her chair and she was all cozy in her jacket.  When we got to the mall we headed straight to the children's play area.  Check out all the fun things Lana did while we were there.

I made it to the top!
Weeee!












Turtle


       Lana enjoyed playing at the mall for just over an hour.  She got to play with lots of other little kids, and had fun trying to do all the things they could do.  I even met a friend who hosts Mommy groups.  I am really looking forward to getting involved with Mommy groups in the area.  We need to get out of the hotel more and enjoy this beautiful location that we live in.

       Leaving the mall was an ordeal.  It took me awhile to get Lana all bundled up again, and then out to the truck.  Once there I got her all strapped in, put my key on the center console and grabbed my bag.  I closed the door, but I couldn't open mine.  The truck was locked with Lana and my keys inside!  I didn't have a spare, on me, but thankfully I had my bad with my cell phone.  I called information to get a locksmith.  She reminded me that if I had roadside assistance that would be cheaper.  I just so happen to have roadside assistance till next October.  I have never needed to use it, but I am so glad I have it now.  I called and someone came 25 minutes later.  Lana was perfectly content, she took her boots and socks off and people watched for about 10 minutes and then fell asleep.


    I am so blessed that Lana is so easy going.  She had no idea that anything was wrong and never made a peep.  While I'm outside in 35 degree weather feeling rather chilled.  Thankfully the sun was shining and I was dressed warmly.  As soon as we got the door open I grabbed my valet key and put it in my bag so I have a spare.  I just need to make sure I don't lock Lana, my key, and my bag into the truck.  Then I would have had a really difficult time calling roadside assistance or anyone.

     Now that we're back at the hotel I think we are just going to hang out here the rest of the day.  We will try the Highlands Ranch Library again tomorrow and I will do my best not to lock Lana in anything tomorrow.  I don't know what is going on with me lately, but luckily I haven't panicked or gotten all upset about either occasions.  I knew what I needed to do and I just had to be patient.  It helped that Lana was so patient with me, that's a very hard skill for children to learn.

     Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment