Monday, February 7, 2011

Texas Beginnings: Going Away Party

Saying Farewell to Texas: Going Away BBQ
Saturday, January 29, 2011

      I wish I had gotten more pictures at this party, it was a huge success.  We had about 40 people in our home, it was crazy.  We had enough food to feed twice that many people but Alex and I enjoyed eating off of it the week before we moved.  Most of the people at the party were Alex's co-workers, half from Lockheed Martin, and the other half from his job with USA.  It was so nice that they all came to visit with Alex before we moved to Colorado.
      The day before our party I took a tall cakes decorating class at Michael's.  I now know how to make and decorate tall cakes and I had a beautiful Texas cake for our BBQ.  Check it out!











Each cake was made up of a layer of chocolate and a layer of white cake with buttercream filling.  I used all of Grandma Hart's recipes and the cake was delicious!  The day of the BBQ was soo busy.  We had a showing from 9:30 - 11:30, then our open house form 1:00 - 4:00, and then our party at 6.  On Friday I decorated some cookies for our open house.



If you happened to get any pictures out our party please e-mail them to me so I can post them on my blog and share them with everyone.  Thanks.

     Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment